Jul 052012


Opening date 19 June 2012
Closing date 16 July 2012

Share on Facebook
Nov 172011
Share on Facebook
 Posted by at 12:46 am
Jun 222011


admin | AustralianIMG.com

Here is the statutory declaration form commonly used to convey a declaration of truth such as different versions of your name. Save on the surcharge fee by sending your statutory declaration with your first application. A MS Word copy can be downloaded below:


Statutory Declaration MS Word file

Share on Facebook
Jun 222011


NSW Health


NSW Health each year co-ordinates an Annual Junior Medical Officer Recruitment Campaign where a number of vocational and non-vocational positions are advertised for the following clinical year.  This recruitment is conducted online through the NSW Health JMO eRecruitment System.

Applications start 21 July 2011, deadline is 18 August 2011. The schedule can be downloaded here: jmo_annual_recruitment_dates

The website for the application process can be accessed here: http://www.health.nsw.gov.au/jobs/recruitment/jmo.asp

Share on Facebook
Jun 222011



The centralized application process for the Australian state of Victoria is through the Postgraduate Medical Council of Victoria (PMCV).

Applications for hospital medical officer positions have opened this early june and closes on 12 August 2011. Please follow the link below to get to the application area of the PMCV website:



You can also download the guide to applying to the PMCV computer-matching here: Computer_Match_-_HMO_-_Candidates_Guide_2011_v1


Share on Facebook
Jun 222011


admin | AustralianIMG.com

Applications for Trainee Medical Officer (TMO, RMO, PGY2 and above) positions in South Australian public hospitals are now being accepted. (started 21 May 2011)

You can apply for a position, find out about important dates, documents required and the allocation process in the TMO section of this website in the top menu bar. Applications close on July 29, 2011.

Link for the application: https://tmoapp.saimet.org.au/login.php



Share on Facebook
Jun 152011

Please click on the link to download the pdf of the flyer.


Share on Facebook
 Posted by at 10:26 am
Jun 072011

1. Intern: 1st year doctor after medical school; currently under a special registration (needs to pass rotations in Medicine, Surgery and Emergency Medicine)

2. RMO: Resident Medical Officer – generic term for a doctor who is not in a training program yet. Varies per state and hospital

a. JMO / JHO : Junior Medical Officer / Junior House Officer – 2nd year post-graduate doctor

b. SHO / CMO : Senior House Officer / Career Medical Officer – 3rd year (or more) post-graduate doctor

c. PHO – Prinicipal House Officer – Resident acting (and usually paid) in the capacity of a Registrar, but is not currently in a training program

3. Registrar – A doctor in a training program

4. VMO / SMO : Visiting Medical Officer / Senior Medical Officer – same duties as a consultant, but non-full time.

Share on Facebook
 Posted by at 6:28 pm
Jun 012011
QLd HEalth
RMO2012 Campaign opens on Tuesday 21 June 2011 and will remain open till Monday 18 July 2011.
Information on the Campaign is available at the following site:


Share on Facebook
Jan 142011


The Specialist Pathway and General Pathway (e.g- going through the training pathway via gaining general registration then joining a training program) are two different things.


The specialist pathway entails having had previous training from your country AND being recognized by the specialty college (e.g. Royal Australasian College of Surgery/ Physicians/ EM/ GP). Being recognized as a specialist by the various colleges is very difficult, but NOT IMPOSSIBLE.

The steps involved: (from what I have seen with my friends who came here as specialists and have been recognized by the colleges)

1. Obtain a fellowship in one of the hospitals under your speciality. (This is perhaps one of the most important because it allows you to meet the big bosses of the colleges who will ultimately decide if you are comparable to the rest of the graduates in Australia. Fellowships may take 1 or 2 years, but most will be paid work. Some hospitals now require you to pass the AMC MCQ before you can apply (similar to the US where the USMLE step 1 is required).

2. Submit your credentials to the specialty college who will either do one of 2 things:

a. Approve you outright as a comparable specialist but you need to take the specialty boards

b. Ask you to train a bit more (another 1 or 2 years more) but then you still need to take the specialty boards

3. After the specialty college gives you full accreditation, you can then apply for the Specialist Pathway via the AMC.

4. Once you get the Specialist Certificate from the AMC, you can then apply for permanent residency.

This process may take around 3 to 4 years… if everything goes well!

GENERAL PATHWAY  (a.k.a – going through general registration and then applying to a specialist college for further training)

Compared to the specialist pathway, the general pathway involves having to go through the bottom rung (e.g. – junior doctor) and then qualifying for general registration through the AMC and then applying for the specialty of your choice.


  1. Apply for and pass the AMC MCQ and IELTS (all bands above 7.5).
  2. Apply to an Australian hospital and start work as a junior doctor. Being a junior doctor can mean just finished internship (Post-graduate year 2) OR you already have previous training in a specialty and the hospital is accepting you as a registrar in a specialty (commonly medicine and emergency medicine, but people get into surgery and paediatrics as well)
  3. Ask for rotations in Emergency Medicine, Medicine and Surgery – the 3 required specialties for general registration with APHRA.
  4. Pass the AMC Clinicals exam! (It takes 1 to 1.5 years to get a schedule, but some people have passed the AMC clinical exams first before doing the required rotations in number 3 above.
  5. Obtain permanent residency. This may not apply to some of you who might have received your permanent residency through other means.
  6. Apply to the specialty college of your choice. (Most colleges now are asking for full registration, hence this is step 6, but previously, you could apply to the college of physicians and college of emergency medicine before you pass the AMC exams and obtain full registration.) The College of Surgery and College of Anaesthetics require permanent residency. It is one of the first questions on their application.
  7. Pass the specialty primary and then fellowship exams. Some of the colleges only have 1 exam (RACP) some have the primary and fellowship (ACEM).

This process, from passing the AMC exams to becoming a consultant specialist may take around 10 years… or more!

Share on Facebook
Your privacy will never be compromised